CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Big Win!

The Rebs pulled off a dominating win last night at the Thomas and Mack Center against those hated Happy Valley House Cats...at least that should be their new mascot with the lack of intensity they played with! Me, Justin and Brett Parry drove down after my Geology lab, arrived about 10 minutes before tip, then headed back after the game. It was totally worth the trip.

Funny story from the game. About 10 minutes in, a BYU guard named Michael Loyd subbed in. He played his high school ball at Palo in Vegas. He is only a freshman and doesnt have much confidence yet. When I saw him checking in, I said 4 or 5 times, Wink is gonna eat this guy up on defense. The guy sitting in front of my dad turned and said, pointing to the kid in front of me, that is his brother. I started laughing! I leaned forward and told him it was nothing personal and he understood. Obviously he didnt care too much if he didnt turn around and say something to me first!

It was a great game and a great mini road trip. I love the Rebs.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

You should also make the trip to Provo next month where I'm sure the Cougs will put on a repeat of their 30-point win last year against a way-better UNLV team. I must admit that BYU was humiliated last night, but we'll see how things even out in Provo. GO COUGARS! --Andrew