CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!

Sorry for the belated New Years Wishes. There was a lot going on around New Years, then I woke up early yesterday morning with my stomach disagreeing with the rest of my body. The rest of the day was spent on the couch. Literally, I got off the couch maybe two times before 9 last night!

Shaylee came down for the New Years weekend. Also, the Marquezes were staying with us. We had a full house, which was very fun for all. We didnt do too much. A lot of movies, eating and football...all the things a good new year should have. Like every year, there was a huge fireworks show on the strip. We found a great place to watch them and Shaylee and I sat and talked for a long time. She is a great girl!

Jake went into the MTC yesterday. It hasnt really hit me yet. I know I will finally feel it when I am watching the NFL playoffs this week and start to text him about something. I talked sports with him more than anyone else! We worked out a deal to end my NBA strike also. We decided that I would take over his NBA viewing duties once he left, which would end my 2007-2008 boycott. For those of you who dont know, this is a huge deal. I think the WGA should bring me in to handle their negotiations!

I have a few more Top 10 lists for you to finish that off. The first is actually a Top 5 list.

Top 5 TV shows of 2007
1. Scrubs
This is my favorite show of all time! I hope the writers strike doesnt keep me from seeing how it ends.
2. Heroes
I watched the first season on DVD in about 4 days. The second season started off slow, but the last few episodes totally made up for it.
3. The Office
The third episode of this season was my all time favorite. I am glad they are back to the half hour format.
4. Friday Night Lights
An amazing show with an amazing cast.
5. 30 Rock
I think I found a show to replace Scrubs once it ends this year.

Honorable Mention
Private Practice
Pushing Daisies

Weird...all 5 are from the same network. Go NBC!!!

The last two lists are special this year. Since I missed 2005 and 2006 due to a mission, I am going to do my favorite albums I have found since coming home.

Top 10 albums
1. Jack's Mannequin - Everything In Transit
2. Cavalier - Your Honest Answer
3. Dave Melillo - Talk is Cheap
4. The Format - Dog Problems
5. The Early November - The Mother, the Mechanic, and the Path
6. Acceptance - Phantoms
7. Anberlin - Never Take Friendship Personal
8. Cartel - Chroma
9. Tyrone Wells - Snapshot
10. Until June - Until June

2 comments:

Alec and Tiffany said...

I would have to add Law and Order: Special Victims Unit to your top list. It's an amazing show...the new season has started off amazing too...and surprisingly....it is also an NBC show...Yo te amo, NBC!

And yes...I miss Jakie Poo too...it was hard seeing him leave!

Cdixon said...

I am really dissappointed that the Carpenters are not on your music list! Mom